Learn basic handbag construction methods and leave with a well finished, lined handbag and skills that you can apply to many different sewing projects. There are options for zip pockets and various handle choices.
Included in the cost of the class is a copy of the pattern and all the hardware and interfacings needed
Level -Basic knowledge of using a sewing machine is needed for this class.
The topics we aim to cover are:
- Basic bag making techniques
- The importance of interfacing/ stabilising in bag making
- Creating a shaped bag base
- Adding hardware to the bag
- Ideas for making further bags using the pattern
- Adding a magnetic popper closure to a handbag
- Making zip pockets (optional)
You will need to bring along
- 50cm main outer fabric
- 75cm lining fabric
- Matching thread
Included in the class cost is a copy of the Pattern for you to keep, foam stabiliser and interfacing and a choice of Navy or black zips and webbing.
Tutor – Sue Bridger
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Make your own Tote Handbag
Stable 2, The Vine, Stockbridge Hampshire