Learn basic handbag construction methods and leave with a well finished, lined handbag and skills that you can apply to many different sewing projects. There are options for zip pockets and various handle choices.
Included in the cost of the class is a copy of the Mrs H, Fiesta Tote Bag pattern
Level -Basic knowledge of using a sewing machine is needed for this class.
The topics we aim to cover are:
- Basic bag making techniques
- The importance of interfacing/ stabilising in bag making
- Creating a shaped bag base
- Adding hardware to the bag
- Ideas for making further bags using the pattern
- Adding a magnetic popper closure to a handbag
- Making zip pockets (optional)
You will need to bring along
- 50cm main outer fabric
- 75cm lining fabric
- Matching thread
- 3m 40mm wide webbing for the full bag or 2m 40mm wide webbing for the simpler option. Additionally for the full bag you will need bag hardware
- 2 x 9 inch zips
- 2 x swivel hooks
- 2 x 40mm D rings
- 1 x 40mm slider
- 1 x magnetic snap
Included in the class cost is a copy of the Tote Pattern for you to keep, foam stabiliser and interfacing.
Class cost without hardware, webbing and zips £65.00
We also have bag making packs available which includes webbing, zips and all the hardware needed to make the full bag at an additional cost of £15.00 available in Black or Navy which can be purchased on the day of the class.